In this episode of “Things They Don’t Tell You About…” new parents share advice on having a baby and the rewards and challenges that come along with it. Financial expert Nicole Lapin also shares the importance of life insurance for your child’s future.
What are three things no one ever told you about having a baby?
- They don’t come out with a manual would be the first one.
- I knew it would be hard work, but it’s like I love this hard work. 3 a.m., it’s hard but I love it. Yeah, it’s worth it.
Finish the sentence, whatever you do with your new baby…
- Just don’t over think it.
- Don’t stop living your life.
- Don’t be so concerned of your daily routine.
- Don’t feel like you have to raise your kid by a book.
How has your perspective changed since having a baby?
- I have a lot more respect for my mother.
- I mean, we went from being individuals who had wants and goals. And now all of a sudden we have endless responsibilities.
NICOLE LAPIN: Such great parents. So much love. Having a baby is such a beautiful and life changing thing. And while you will be changed and enriched in all the most profound ways by being a parent, there are so many more challenges out there.
Did you know the cost of raising a child for 18 years is estimated to be more than $245,000? And the cost of one year of tuition at a public four year university is approximately $17,000. Yikes. Having a baby is the start of a new and amazing responsibility. And I know we don’t like to think about this, but if you should unexpectedly pass, it’s important to have life insurance.
It will help your family cover expenses like education, mortgage, car loans, and other everyday expenses. If you or your partner is a stay at home parent, you’ll want to be sure to have coverage to provide for things like childcare. Amica offers both term and whole life products and can customize coverage for your family’s needs. When you’ve had your newborn is the perfect time to look into this. Getting life insurance may be one of the greatest things you can ever do for their future.